At Milo School we have various learning opportunities!
The International Baccalaureate programme teaches inquiry, reflection and global awareness through the IB values, learner profiles, transdisciplinary themes and standards which guide teaching and learning. The Alberta curriculum is delivered through this philosophy and specific IB methods.
Core components for building excellence in learning:
1. Effective and Authentic Assessment
2. Language Development and Literacy
3. Inclusive Practices through Differentiation
4. Cross-Curricular Competencies
Grades 1-9 learn Alberta Education curriculum outcomes in:
Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Health & Wellness, Physical Education and Career & Technology Foundations.
- Grade 4-9 participate in a CTF program
- Grade 4-9 have a specialist band and art teacher
- Grade 4-9have a specialist music and art teacher
In addition to the core components of the curriculum, students in grades 1-9 also choose from various options: